Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Mrs. Jones.....

I am calling today to give my condolences. I heard this morning of your husbands passing. I am truly sorry.

I will never forget the day you both walked into my office. As often happens we ended up laughing as much as talking seriously about his health problems.

Through all the years I have known your husband, he always had a smile on his face and a bounce in his step. He faced every new medical problem with bravery and courage. Each step forward was welcomed. Each step backwards was tolerated.

Your husband lived with great diginity....I saw this in the way the people around him looked up to him. How when it became apparent that death was forthcoming your children and their families rallied around him. How you now celebrate his life as well as mourn his passing.

His body may have passed but his spirit will never die. It lights up the faces of all those little grandchildren you probably have running amongst your feet right now. He will never be forgotten.

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you. For allowing me to take care of him and bear witness to just a fraction of the beauty he has bestowed on this world. I am humbled by the honor you have afforded me. I will never take light of your decision to entrust me with his health and well being.

I will miss him....

I will never forget....

Please don't hesitate to call if I can be of any assistance.

You will always be welcome in our office.

Goodbye

No comments: