Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Is Medicare Unnecessarily Complicated?

I had one crowning achievement during my college career. Freshman year, I took the most challenging course the university had to offer. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with differential equations flying through my brain. Advanced calculus not only had a difficult subject matter, it also had a professor known for challenging even his most avid students.
I remember tackling the material with a voracity that I had never displayed in my course work before. I ate, slept, and inhaled the complex mathematical formulas. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I got the final grade back. 
A+.
Over the years, I have used the same skills gleaned from this class to build a successful career: hard work, methodical attention to detail, and a fastidious sense of organization. For the most part, I have been able to thrive in most settings. There have been few hurdles that I have not been able to eventually leap over.
Little did I know, however, that I would face my greatest challenge this year as I formed my own medical practice. For the first time, I was solely responsible for all the administrative work and credentialing with Medicare.
And it’s been a comedy of errors....
Read The rest of this post at The Medical Bag.

1 comment:

Mike Gamble said...

I'm reminded of the old joke:
Question: What's a camel? [Medicare]
Answer: A horse created by a committee. [Congress]